Wednesday, November 27, 2013

"The Others": mixed media and ink on paper

                            
                          

 Out of a recent request to see my work, I have decided to resurrect my art blog that really never took off from its inception.   I intend to put my own pieces up first but then if I like it,  I will start featuring other works.  

To begin…. in no particular order,   is a series I did which was inspired by a photo of a cave painting.   It conjures up "the others"….the other species,  the other life forms, the others that we miss every day because we are so focused on our own species and life. 

 The series,  on Canson paper, uses a modern material that I found to form the white surfaces and a variety of inks applied over the white.  The white once put down on the paper, resists color.  I have never seen this technique used.  Maybe I invented it!







            









No comments:

Post a Comment