Saturday, December 21, 2013

Femme: Fragility in the Face of Time


I did this series by collecting bits of my degrading studio wall that is being eaten by moisture.  

 Fuzz and flakes of interesting colors and shapes were falling to the floor.  In fact they still are as it is a major project to fix it. 

 It is like watching a changing moonscape to watch my studio wall.


So related to my interest in the "fente", crack, or opening came this series based on what I like to call "fragility in the face of time".   

Looking closer, I kept seeing a woman emerging from my manipulation of flakes and pieces , thus the title.


These textured works on paper are composed of pieces plaster, epoxy, pastels, inks, and acrylics .



Femme, Technique mixte sur papier, 8x27 cm.





































No comments:

Post a Comment