Monday, February 8, 2016

Franck Rainaut: illustrator, draftsman, museographe

That's Franck with the blue sweater, the tall one.  photo of la vieille ville de Contes by Mary M Payne


Franck Rainaut is one of the bevy of artist friends that I have come to know since living in Nice.  

  I actually don't know Franck that well but each time I see him it is a pleasure.   Last month Thierry, Bouthaina, Patrick and I called him to say we were in the village of Contes where he has his studio.  He said come for lunch.  So we did.  

Here is what I do know: 

 I know that Franck attended Villa Arson in Nice for his artistic studies.   This is one of the regional art schools that is of the highest level in our area. 

I know that Franck is a dedicated illustrator and draftsman who often works in the museums of France. 

I know that Franck is the main designer for the graphics of the small regional museum of Contes where he has his studio. 

I know that Franck has a lovely "joie de vivre" and that extemporaneous lunches are often the most fun.  



Atelier de Franck Rainaut  photo Mary M Payne



Atelier de Franck Rainaut , Contes  Photo by Mary M Payne



Illustration by Franck Rainaut,  photo by Mary M Payne


Picture of  the wife of Henri Carpenter at the left for an exposition of  the famous chef...   Illustrations by Franck Rainaut.     photo by Mary M Payne

 Now Franck's exposition of Henri Charpentier ( "from Contes to California" ), the well known chef who conceived Crepes Suzette, is visiting NYC with all of Franck's drawings.   Congratulations, Franckie. 




Illustrations by Franck Rainaut,  Contes    photo by Mary M Payne


Thierry with a kitty from Contes

No comments:

Post a Comment