Monday, March 17, 2014

Irises

Iris, my friend ( and cousin),  this one is dedicated to you. 



It is the moment for the native wild irises in the south of France to be blooming.  I saw them on my walk today…many people have a few in their gardens as they are so easy to pass around and cultivate.  

I painted this in ink and pastel gras (oil pastels) on the same day that I did The Golden Bird from my post a few days ago.    None of these shapes is really a flower but your brain wants them to be . 





3 comments:

  1. Love this. Iris were my mother's specialty. She ordered bulbs from a special nursery and grew them alongside our house. She would wear them and people thought they were orchids. Always very special to me.

    Ginna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the flowers of Spring and this is so beautiful; amazing work.

    Joa

    ReplyDelete