Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Cosmos Part II


    

                                                 Collage by Mary M Payne.  26cmx38cm

This was the second of the series I did for the project  depicting mankind's affect on the universe.  Here is where I introduce the polar bear as my "lightbulb" animal. ...a reminder that we are instrumental in global warming.  The coffee I imagine to be hot, by the way...so our planet is sitting in that.    Still again I am depicting the cosmos as infinitely large for the parameters of the school project.  In fact years ago I did another series called "Cosmos".  I must have a fascination.

 

                      Collage by Mary M Payne 26cmx38cm

In this collage I introduce the idea that wealth, especially in America, is essential for one to call oneself successful.   So, in this collage I used an image of an American gold Eagle coin in amongst the planets. Even the beggar knows that lack of money, is largely what put him in the street.  The child however, is innocent and would rather play ball with a planet.

The arid ground is reminiscent of a barren planet.   It is taken from another piece of art I cannibalised and glued on to my support of 300 gr. Canson paper.   The original was made from flour paste and paint so it is slightly textured.  The blue sky is a watercolor wash used as background.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment