Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Cosmos : Part IV

 


                                                 Collage by Mary M Payne 26x38 cm

In this collage we see again our friend the disappearing polar bear, as a reminder to the viewer of a species not destined to last long.  

Again, to construct this piece,  I have taken art from my cast -off box.     The white sea covered in gauze is an experiment from a project when I was using only real bandage material to make art.  It gives a nice texture to the piece.  

The blue mountains also are cut from another scrap I saved and so is the dark island at the bottom.   This is one of the pleasures of doing collage late in your art career.  One has a lot of partly finished or abandoned pieces to cut from.

We see again the repeat themes of the diver, planets and the hand image.   This hand was a particularly good photograph, very sharp lines, so I have use it twice in the series. And the scale was right for the idea of "infinitely large." Also here is the blue of the sky that I have used twice to tie the series together.  It was done as a watercolor wash directly onto the support of Canson, 300 gr. watercolor paper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment