Thursday, June 24, 2021

Cosmos Part V

                                 Collage by Mary M Payne,  a series of six

 Here is the last one in this series of the Cosmos, from the idea of what is infinitely large.   Again, I have used an image of a hand as a common thread.   I liked that I found the  hand of a worker, or an "outsider".  

Also depicted is the bee, now in danger of extinction...that can't seem to find many flowers on a denuded landscape.  Again the soda can as the symbol of our presence on earth.  ...a reminder of our  influence on our special designated planet. 

And then there is a tiny phalanx of Pom Pom girls I added to help the idea of contrast between large and small. 

 To echo the Pom Pom girls is me as a cheerleader when I was about 20 and was elected "song leader" at Whittier College.  

For color, I am using shades of red as a counterpoint to another of the series. I have stayed with unsaturated colors throughout .  I like the juxtaposition of the black and white images with color.

The night sky was done with a blue wash and dark ink sprays on top on a piece of Bristol paper.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment